Sadly, this year Halloween 2020 will have to be a little different! With the presence of COVID still very much amongst our daily lives, like so many other events, the usual Halloween parties and trick or treat festivities just won’t be able to take place this year.
Whilst this will be notably different for the children, here at Pistachio’s in the Park we are still determined to make it as fun as we possibly can and so this month we’re giving you a list of Halloween 2020 ideas for the children to enjoy, whilst staying safe.
Fun Ideas for Halloween 2020
- Make Halloween Decorations out of recycled cardboard and plastic to decorate your home. Spiders look fun, made from black pom poms and pipe cleaners. Cut up into shreds an old white sheet to make cobwebs. Change the light bulbs around the house to green or red colours to create atmosphere.
- Have a party at home. Both kids and adults can dress up and make the evening memorable with games and party food. There is always the traditional apple bobbing or why not play Halloween bingo with spooky prizes.
- Making Halloween pizzas can be healthy to eat and fun to create. Use tomatoes, olives, peppers and spinach to decorate and make funny faces.
- For dessert, bake some Halloween fairy cakes or one big cake together. Choose orange or green icing and decorate with some spooky sweets.
- Finally, keep them entertained with some Halloween colouring. There is plenty of free website online to download and print their favourite Halloween characters.
Don’t forget throughout October, our London and Surrey café’s will be celebrating Halloween 2020 in their own way, not forgetting that it’s half term week too. Our Pistachios in the Park cafes will be open, so if you want some time out of the house with your little ones then wrap up and take them on an autumn walk through our London and Surrey parks to enjoy a bite to eat or a drink at one of our Pistachio’s in the Park cafes.
We have some fantastic Halloween themed food on the menu, including Halloween home-made cakes or why not warm up with an autumn flavoured soup, made from locally sourced produce. We cater for all tastes and dietary requirements so please pop in for a moment to relax.